WACSOF PRESENTS ITS NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS
ABUJA, JULY 02, 2022: The West African Civil Society Forum (WACSOF) is pleased to present its new Board of Directors, elected at the General Assembly of June 30, 2022, held in Cotonou in BENIN. This balanced team is made up of men and women, known for their experience, their commitment, their sense of duty and their moral values
- BUBA KHAN PRESIDENT, THE GAMBIA
- MME JOSEPHINE ALABI 1ST VICE PRESIDENTE, NIGERIA
- ANDRE AFANOU KANGNI 2ND VICE PRÉSIDENT, TOGO
- DR PENDA MBOW MEMBER, SENEGAL
- JOAO JOSÉ SILVA HUCO MONTEIRO SECRETARY, GUINEA BISSAU
- JEDLEE KINNI TREASURER, LIBERIA
- DR BERNICE N. BANYBAH MEMBER, BENIN
- Thursday, June 30th, 2022 in Cotonou was held the General Assembly (People’s Forum) of the West African Civil Society Forum (WACSOF) at the Cotonou Bourse du Travail, in Benin Republic.
- Created with the support of ECOWAS, the West African Civil Society Forum (WACSOF) is the apex civil society network in West Africa, covering 18 thematic areas, with representation in 15 West African countries. WACSOF is a privileged partner and advisor to ECOWAS and other institutions. WACSOF is the institutionalized channel for dialogue between civil society organizations and ECOWAS.
- The 7th edition of the Ordinary General Assembly of WACSOF saw the official participation of Mr. NANA Kyeretwie Osei Head of Programs of ECOSOCC – AFRICAN UNION and Mrs. AHAMIDÉ Arlette, representative of the ECOWAS National Office in Benin. Also participating in this general assembly were officials of civil society organizations (CSOs), coordinators of national platforms and accredited personalities from ECOWAS countries.
- WACSOF must ensure at all times that it adopts an approach of intergenerational dialogue, solvency and guarantee of its future performance. The key issue is to work in an inclusive and consensual manner, all generations and families of CSOs combined, in order to reposition WACSOF as the reference umbrella for CSOs in West Africa.
- WACSOF thanks all West African organizations and undertakes to work for an ECOWAS of the peoples in accordance with the ECOWAS vision 2050./.
We invite you to download the profile of the members of the new board of Directors of WACSOF, in below